Many of today’s eLearning courses have two things in common: they’re boring and they don’t engage the learner. Attend this session and you’ll learn how using Captivate to create advanced actions can both personalize a lesson and engage the learner like never before.
During this 3-hour course, you’ll learn about the system variables available in Adobe Captivate. You’ll learn how to leverage system variables to include in your eLearning course.
Additionally, you’ll learn about how basic and standard actions are fast, easy ways to make your eLearning courses more engaging and interactive. This will set you well on your way to learning programming with Captivate, allowing you to create your own learning interactions and interactive slides.
Note: This class is very interactive; exercise files will be provided for Captivate 9 or newer. If you are using previous versions of Captivate you can attend the class, but exercise files will not be provided. A trial version of Captivate is fine and can be downloaded from www.adobe.com.
Adobe Captivate: The Essentials or similar experience required.
Who Should Attend?
- eLearning developers
- Instructional designers
- Content creators
Topics covered will include some of the following:
- System VariablesSystem variables are predefined variables that come with Captivate when you buy the license. System variables help you pick up data to help you control what is visible to the user; to display information in other files such as the current slide; to manipulate information from the learner’s computer; and to display quiz information.
- Actions Triggered by EventsMany events in Captivate can trigger the action you choose. There are numerous types of actions that can be triggered when, you, the developer, decide.
- Basic ActionsA basic action is a single action that can be triggered when you, the developer, decide.
- Standard ActionsStandard actions are scripts containing one or more actions. They can trigger a variety of behaviors in sequence.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.