About this Course
This course combines Architecting on AWS and Advanced Architecting on AWS to offer a comprehensive, immersive course in cloud architecture. It covers all aspects of how to architect for the cloud over 4.5 days. You will learn how to design cloud architectures, starting small and working to large-scale enterprise level designs—and everything in between. Starting with the Well Architected Framework, you will be immersed in AWS services like compute, storage, database, networking, security, monitoring, automation, optimization, benefits of de-coupling applications and serverless, building for resilience, and understanding costs. Using hands-on labs, you will apply knowledge from lectures to gain skills.
This course is intended for:
- Solutions Architects who are new to designing and building cloud architectures
- Data Center Architects who are migrating from on-premises environment to cloud architectures
- Other IT/cloud roles who want to understand how to design and build cloud architectures
At Course Completion
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices
- Use AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available
- Use AWS Managed Services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient to increase performance and reduce costs
- Use the Well Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions
This course covers the following concepts:
- The Well-Architected Framework
- Networking with AWS
- Core AWS concepts, knowledge, and services, including designing your environment and making your environment highly available
- Event-driven scaling
- Building for resilience
- Serverless designs
- Data security
- Advance networking topics
- How to grow your architecture from small to extremely large
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Familiarity with AWS cloud computing, which can be learned in AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking concepts such as VPNs, routing, subnets/gateways, segments, and user permissions
- Familiarity with and knowledge of multi-tier architectures and distributed systems
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.