- February 14, 2019 - February 15, 2019
7:00 am - 3:00 pm
About this Course
This newly updated Data Protection course using ONTAP 9.3 software, will teach you to become proficient with ONTAP SnapMirror, SnapVault, SVM DR, SyncMirror, and NDMP technologies used to replicate, restore, and protect mission-critical data in the enterprise. Backup and restore operations are taught using the NetApp storage system CLI and the OnCommand System Manager. The course also provides an overview of the ONTAP MetroCluster high-availability and disaster recovery software solution.
Network Engineers, Channel Partners, System Engineers, NetApp Customers
At Course Completion
Lesson 1 : ONTAP Integrated Data Protection
- Data protection solutions
- Integrated data protection features
- Monitor and manage solutions
Lesson 2 : NetApp Mirroring Fundamentals
- Mirror relationship components
- SnapMirror policy configuration
- intercluster network configurations
- SnapMirror and SnapVault cascade deployments
- Cluster and SVM peering
Lesson 3 : Implementation of SanpMirror Relationships
- Creating and initializing the SnapMirror relationship
- Disaster recovery
- SnapMirror and ONTAP feature interaction
Lesson 4 : Disaster Recovery for Storage Virtual Machines
- SVM disaster recovery requirements
- SVM for data protection
- Manual SVM update
- Scheduled SMV updates
Lesson 5 : Disk-To-Disk Backup with SnapVault Software
- SnapVault relationship
- SnapVault and storage compression
- Restoring data using SnapVault
Lesson 6 : SyncMirror and MetroCluster Software
- SyncMirror components
- SyncMirror operation
- MetroCluster overview
- MetroCluster switchover, healing and switchback
Lesson 7 : NDMP and Tape Backup
- NDMP fundamentals
- Terms and concepts
- Backup models
- NDMP management
NetApp ONTAP 9.3 Cluster Administration (ONTAP9ADM), ONTAP Data Protection Fundamentals WBT
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.