- September 5, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
About this Course
You will create and edit basic Microsoft Office Excel 2010 worksheets and workbooks.
This course is designed for students who desire to gain the necessary skills to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft Office Excel 2010 worksheets.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a basic worksheet by using Microsoft Office Excel 2010.
- Perform calculations in an Excel worksheet.
- Modify an Excel worksheet.
- Format a worksheet.
- Print the content of an Excel workbook.
- Manage an Excel workbook.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Excel
- Topic 1A: Identify the Elements of the Excel Interface
- Topic 1B: Navigate and Select Cells in Worksheets
- Topic 1C: Customize the Excel Interface
- Topic 1D: Create a Basic Worksheet
Lesson 2: Performing Calculations in an Excel Worksheet
- Topic 2A: Create Formulas in a Worksheet
- Topic 2B: Insert Functions in a Worksheet
- Topic 2C: Reuse Formulas
Lesson 3: Modifying an Excel Worksheet
- Topic 3A: Edit Worksheet Data
- Topic 3B: Find and Replace Data
- Topic 3C: Manipulate Worksheet Elements
Lesson 4: Modifying the Appearance of a Worksheet
- Topic 4A: Apply Font Properties
- Topic 4B: Add Borders and Colors to Cells
- Topic 4C: Align Content in a Cell
- Topic 4D: Apply Number Formatting
- Topic 4E: Apply Cell Styles
Lesson 5: Managing an Excel Workbook
- Topic 5A: Manage Worksheets
- Topic 5B: View Worksheets and Workbooks
Lesson 6: Printing Excel Workbooks
- Topic 6A: Define the Page Layout
- Topic 6B: Print a Workbook
To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers and you should have used the mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.