- September 10, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
About this Course
You will use advanced formulas and work with various tools to analyze data in spreadsheets. You will also organize table data, present data as charts, and enhance the look and appeal of workbooks by adding graphical objects.
This course is meant for those desiring to gain advanced skill sets necessary for calculating data using functions and formulas, sorting and filtering data, using PivotTables and Pivot Charts for analyzing data, and customizing workbooks.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use advanced formulas.
- Organize worksheet and table data using various techniques.
- Create and modify charts.
- Analyze data using pivot tables, slicers, and pivot charts.
- Insert and modify graphic objects in a worksheet.
- Customize and enhance workbooks and the Microsoft office excel environment.
- Course Content
Lesson 1: Calculating Data with Advanced Formulas
- Topic 1A: Apply Cell and Range Names
- Topic 1B: Calculate Data Across Worksheets
- Topic 1C: Use Specialized Functions
- Topic 1D: Analyze Data with Logical and Lookup Functions
Lesson 2: Organizing Worksheet and Table Data
- Topic 2A: Create and Modify Tables
- Topic 2B: Format Tables
- Topic 2C: Sort or Filter Data
- Topic 2D: Use Functions to Calculate Data
Lesson 3: Presenting Data Using Charts
- Topic 3A: Create a Chart
- Topic 3B: Modify Charts
- Topic 3C: Format Charts
Lesson 4: Analyzing Data Using PivotTables, Slicers, and PivotCharts
- Topic 4A: Create a PivotTable Report
- Topic 4B: Filter Data Using Slicers
- Topic 4C: Analyze Data Using PivotCharts
Lesson 5: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Topic 5A: Insert and Modify Pictures and ClipArt
- Topic 5B: Draw and Modify Shapes
- Topic 5C: Illustrate Workflow Using SmartArt Graphics
- Topic 5D: Layer and Group Graphic Objects
Lesson 6: Customizing and Enhancing the Excel Environment
- Topic 6A: Customize the Excel Environment
- Topic 6B: Customize Workbooks
- Topic 6C: Manage Themes
- Topic 6D: Create and Use Templates
Before starting this course, students are recommended to take the following course or have equivalent knowledge:
- Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Level 1.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.