Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Validate forms using the generic approach.
- Program using DOM API to traverse, modify, and append nodes to documents.
- Communicate with Adobe Flash files, ActiveX controls, and server applications.
- Use Ajax to fetch information from the server and display it on the web page.
- Create applications with Ajax.
Lesson 1: Using Programming Techniques
Lesson 2: Implementing Cross-Browser Compatibility
- Topic 2A: Provide Support for Multiple Browsers
- Topic 2D: Detect Objects
- Topic 2E: Handle Exceptions
- Topic 3A: Create Custom Objects
- Topic 3B: Use Constructor Functions
- Topic 3C: Add Methods to Objects
- Topic 3D: Use Prototype Functions
Lesson 4: Working with Arrays
- Topic 4A: Create Arrays
- Topic 4B: Delete Array Elements
- Topic 4C: Use Multidimensional Arrays
- Topic 5A: Use Cookie Objects
- Topic 5B: Store Cookies
- Topic 5C: Process Cookie Values
- Topic 5D: Delete Cookies
- Topic 6A: Validate Forms Using the Generic Approach
- Topic 6B: Implement Generic Validation Using Custom Objects
Lesson 7: Programming Using DOM API
- Topic 7A: Traverse Documents
- Topic 7B: Modify Documents
- Topic 7C: Append Nodes to Documents
Lesson 8: Communicating with Plug-Ins and Server Applications
- Topic 8A: Communicate with Adobe Flash Content
- Topic 8B: Communicate with ActiveX
- Topic 8C: Communicate with Server Applications
Lesson 9: Using Ajax
- Topic 9A: Create an XMLHttpRequest Object
- Topic 9B: Fetch Information from Servers Using the XMLHttpRequest Object
Lesson 10: Creating Applications with Ajax
- Topic 10A: Create an Auto-Complete Application Using Ajax
- Topic 10B: Interact with a Database Using Ajax
- Topic 10C: Validate Forms Using Ajax
- Topic 10D: Work with Third-Party Ajax Libraries
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.