This three-day, instructor-led course is intended for individuals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Microsoft Project. The course begins with the basic concepts and leads students through all the functions they’ll need to plan and manage a small to medium-size project, including how to level resources and capture both cost and schedule progress. This course will also help students prepare for Microsoft Project 2013 Exam 74-343 Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2013.
This course is intended for both novice and experienced project managers, managers, schedulers, and other project stake holders who need to incorporate the discipline of project management with Microsoft Project 2013.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the discipline of project management as it applies to using Microsoft Project 2013.
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure.
- Identify Task Types & Relationships.
- Define Resources within Project.
- Make Work Package Estimates.
- Create an Initial Schedule.
- Create a Resource Leveled Schedule.
- Create Projects from templates, Excel files.
- Create Global templates.
- Create formulas and graphical indicators.
- The steps to record a macro.
- Format Output and Print Reports.
- Integrate Multiple Projects.
- Set up a Project with a Calendar, Start date, and scheduling method.
- Understand Manually Schedule vs. Auto Schedule.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Be able to create a master project list with shared resources.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.