The objective of Implementing Citrix NetScaler 11 for App and Desktop Solutions is to provide the foundational concepts and skills necessary to implement, configure, secure, and monitor a Citrix NetScaler system with NetScaler Gateway in a desktop virtualization environment such as one containing Citrix XenDesktop 7 or Citrix XenApp, while providing secure application and data access to users. This course is designed specifically for learners who have limited or no previous NetScaler experience. In order to successfully complete this course, learners will have access to hands-on exercises within a virtual lab environment. An optional module on NetScaler SDX appliances is included with reinforcement simulation exercises.
This course is based on the Citrix NetScaler 11 product, but the skills and fundamental concepts learned are common to earlier product versions.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Identify the capabilities and functionality of the NetScaler
- Explain basic NetScaler network architecture
- Obtain, install, and manage NetScaler licenses
- Identify the capabilities and functionality of NetScaler Gateway
- Explain how SSL is used to secure the NetScaler
- Configure authentication for users on the NetScaler Gateway
- Implement authorization to determine to which resources users have access
- Configure the NetScaler for high availability
- Integrate NetScaler Gateway with Storefront or Web Interface to provide remote access for Web, SaaS and mobile apps.
- Implement load balancing and GSLB on the NetScaler system
- Customize the NetScaler system for traffic flow and content-specific requirements
- Configure endpoint analysis to determine the level of access for specific devices
- Enable access to applications and data for user connections
- Demonstrate monitoring and reporting through native NetScaler logging tools
- Configure NetScaler Insight Center to monitor a desktop virtualization environment
- Employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler network and connectivity issues
- Identify the unique capabilities and functionality of the NetScaler SDX platform.
- Identify the networking characteristics of the NetScaler SDX platform.
- Explain the process of provisioning and administration of NetScaler VPX instances on a NetScaler SDX appliance
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.