- January 17, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- February 26, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- April 23, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- June 11, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
About this Course
In our fast-paced digital world, the need to capture ideas, meeting notes, and to-do items is ever present. Microsoft® Office OneNote 2016 provides a way to efficiently create and collect notes in an electronic notebook. This course will introduce students to using OneNote notebooks to store a wide variety of content in an organized structure, access the content from anywhere, and also share it with others. Additionally, learning how OneNote and the other applications in the suite are integrated will increase productivity with Microsoft Office.
This course is intended for people in a variety of roles and fields who have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office 2016 and want to incorporate digital note-taking and note collaboration by using Microsoft OneNote 2016. In addition to creating and modifying OneNote notebooks, this course will introduce students to inserting images and embedding files into notebooks, categorizing content, sharing content with OneDrive, and exporting content to other file formats.
At Course Completion
In this course, students will develop digital note-taking skills by creating, modifying, and managing OneNote notebooks that work with other Microsoft Office programs. Students will also learn the following:
- Navigate and customize the OneNote interface and environment.
- Add and format text, images, audio, links, drawing objects to a notebook.
- Embed Excel spreadsheets and attach other files to a notebook.
- Categorize, organize, and search notebook content.
- Spell check, print, and password protect notebooks.
- Use Outlook and OneDrive to send and share notebook content.
- Export notebook content and manage notebook history and backups.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with OneNote
- Navigate the OneNote 2016 Environment
- Use Templates
- Customize the OneNote User Interface
Lesson 2: Adding and Formatting Notebook Content
- Apply Formatting to Notebook Contents
- Insert Images and Audio to a Notebook
- Add Quick Notes and Links
- Use Drawing Tools
Lesson 3: Embedding and Attaching Files
- Embed Excel Spreadsheets
- Attach Other File Types
Lesson 4: Organizing and Searching Notebooks
- Use Tags
- Organize and Search Notebooks
Lesson 5: Finalizing a Notebook
- Proof and Print a Notebook
- Configure Password Protection and Notebook Properties
Lesson 6: Managing Notebook Files
- Export Content from OneNote Notebooks
- Back Up and Restore Notebook Content
Lesson 7: Sending and Sharing OneNote Content
- Send OneNote Content in Other Formats
- Share OneNote Content Using OneDrive
To be successful in this course, students should have a basic understanding of the Windows operating system, including how to launch and close an application, navigate basic file structure, and manage files and folders. Previous experience with OneNote is not required; however, having a basic understanding of the Microsoft Office productivity suite would be beneficial.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.