Outlook is Microsoft’s powerful personal information management program, capable of handling email, calendars, notes, tasks, meetings, and much more. It will help you handle many of the organizational tasks you need to deal with, simplifying your life and saving you time.
By the end of this course you should be comfortable in configuring advanced message options, using advanced message management options, managing activities using tasks, editing electronic business cards, sharing your workspaces with others and managing e-mail security. You will:
- Configure advanced message options
- Use automatic replies and the Favorites List
- Sort, filter, and search your messages
- Manage your inbox with categories and quick steps
- Use advanced calendar tools to assign tasks and manage meeting responses
- Edit electronic business cards
- Share your calendar and contacts with colleagues
This course is designed to help all users understand and manage the different features available in Outlook and become familiar with its more advanced selection of tools.
Section 1: Modifying Message Settings, Properties, and Options
Set Importance Levels
Set Sensitivity Levels
Work with Multiple Email Accounts
Use the From and BCC Options
Save Sent Messages to Another Folder
Set Delivery Options
Set Automatic Replies (Out of Office Replies)
Use the Favorites List
Section 2: Organizing, Searching, and Managing Messages
Sort and Group Messages
Filter and Manage Messages
Apply Conditional Formatting
Create Search Folders
Section 3: Managing Your Mailbox
Use the Junk Mail Filter
Work with the Safe Senders List
Manage Your Mailbox Size
Mail Archive Options
Use Cleanup Tools
Section 4: Automating Message Management
Create and Manage Mail Rules
Create and Use Quick Steps
Use Automatic Reply Rules
Section 5: Working with Advanced Calendar Settings
Access Calendar Settings
Set Work Time Options
Set Display Options
Manage Additional Calendars
Overlay and Group Calendars
Section 6: Working with Advanced Task Settings
Task Reply Options
Section 7: Sharing Workspaces with Others
Share your Calendar
Delegate Access to your Calendar and Folders
Share your Contacts
Section 8: Working with Advanced Contact Management
Edit an Electronic Business Card
Create Contact Groups
Forward a Contact Group
Delete a Contact Group
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.