About this Course
Students taking the Advanced Outlook course will learn how to customize the Outlook environment, create custom messages, organize and manage mailboxes, create notes and journal entries and several methods of collaboration.
The target student for this course is an individual who wants to know the advanced features of Microsoft Outlook. Students will get the most out of this course if their goal is to customize Outlook, learn advanced techniques for organizing their mailbox, and share Outlook content.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Customize the Outlook environment; set general Outlook options; create and use Quick Steps to automate commonly used actions; and create Folder pane shortcuts and customize the Navigation bar
- Customize messages by applying themes, stationery, fonts, and email options; create and use signatures and use electronic business card as a signature; use voting buttons in messages; and use Automatic Replies to set up out-of-office notices
- Use the Rules Wizard to set message rules; manage the mailbox by deleting old and unneeded messages and the contents of automatic folders; compact the mailbox; and archive messages to local files and the archive mailbox
- Create a folder to organize a mailbox; Use Instant Search and advanced searches to search your Inbox, all mail folders, Contacts. Calendar, and Tasks; use filters to find messages that meet certain criteria; and create and use categories to group messages, contacts, appointments, meetings and tasks
- Create notes to save ideas and information for later reference; forward and print notes; and create and edit journal entries
- Share and delegate access to their calendar; share and export contacts with others; subscribe to RSS news feeds; and read articles within a feed
- Topic A: The Outlook environment
- Topic B: General options and account settings
- Topic C: Quick Steps
- Topic D: The Folder pane and Navigation bar
- Topic A: Message appearance
- Topic B: Signatures
- Topic C: Voting buttons
- Topic D: Out-of-office messages
Mailbox organization and management
- Topic A: Setting rules
- Topic B: Managing your mailbox
- Topic C: Archiving and saving your mail
- Topic A: Folders
- Topic B: Searching
- Topic C: Advanced filters
- Topic D: Categories
Notes and Journals
- Topic A: Recording information with notes
- Topic B: Tracking activates with the Journal
- Topic A: Sharing your calendar and contacts
- Topic B: Staying informed with RSS
Students taking this course should be familiar with personal computers and the use of a keyboard and a mouse. Furthermore, this course assumes that students have completed the following courses or have equivalent experience:
- Windows 8/Windows 10: Basic
- Microsoft Outlook, Level 1
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.