About this Course
You are familiar with the concepts of traditional project management and may have used the concepts to manage multiple projects. For projects in which the requirements are continuously changing, you may need a more proactive project management approach. In this course, you will learn Agile project management methodologies for software development. PDUs: 6 credits
This course is intended for Project Managers, Program Managers, or anyone who wants to efficiently manage projects that experience frequent changes in user requirements.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- describe Agile project management.
- describe the Scrum methodology used to manage a project.
- manage projects using the Scrum methodology.
- understand the critical success factors to implement Agile.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Agile Project Management
- Topic 1A: Overview of Agile
- Topic 1B: Describe the Values of Agile
- Topic 1C: Describe the Principles of Agile
- Topic 1D: Identify Methodologies of Agile
Lesson 2: Using the Scrum Methodology
- Topic 2A: Identify Roles and Responsibilities in Scrum
- Topic 2B: Implement the Scrum Process
Lesson 3: Managing Projects with the Scrum Methodology
- Topic 3A: Estimating a Scrum Project
- Topic 3B: Track Scrum Projects
- Topic 3C: Communication in Scrum Projects
- Topic 3D: Best Practices to Manage Scrum
Lesson 4: Understanding Critical Success Factors to Implement Agile
- Topic 4A: List Risks in Agile Projects
- Topic 4B: Myths About Agile
- Topic 4C: List the Challenges in Agile
- Topic 4D: List the Benefits of Agile
A solid understanding or work background in project management.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.