- February 11, 2019 - February 15, 2019
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
- April 15, 2019 - April 19, 2019
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
About this Course
CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-401) is the primary course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing network services, devices, and traffic in your organization. You can also take this course to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination. In this course, you will build on your knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-401) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today’s job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your computer security skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related role.
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS X®, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
At Course Completion
In this course, you will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security.
- Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Manage data, application, and host security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify and implement access control and account management security measures.
- Manage certificates.
- Identify and implement compliance and operational security measures.
- Manage risk.
- Troubleshoot and manage security incidents.
- Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery.
Lesson 1: Security Fundamentals
- Topic A: The Information Security Cycle
- Topic B: Information Security Controls
- Topic C: Authentication Methods
- Topic D: Cryptography Fundamentals
- Topic E: Security Policy Fundamentals
Lesson 2: Identifying Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Topic A: Social Engineering
- Topic B: Malware
- Topic C: Software-Based Threats
- Topic D: Network-Based Threats
- Topic E: Wireless Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Topic F: Physical Threats and Vulnerabilities
Lesson 3: Managing Data, Application, and Host Security
- Topic A: Manage Data Security
- Topic B: Manage Application Security
- Topic C: Manage Device and Host Security
- Topic D: Manage Mobile Security
Lesson 4: Implementing Network Security
- Topic A: Configure Security Parameters on Network Devices and Technologies
- Topic B: Network Design Elements and Components
- Topic C: Implement Networking Protocols and Services
- Topic D: Apply Secure Network Administration Principles
- Topic E: Secure Wireless Traffic
Lesson 5: Implementing Access Control, Authentication, and Account Management
- Topic A: Access Control and Authentication Services
- Topic B: Implement Account Management Security Controls
Lesson 6: Managing Certificates
- Topic A: Install a CA Hierarchy
- Topic B: Enroll Certificates
- Topic C: Secure Network Traffic by Using Certificates
- Topic D: Renew Certificates
- Topic E: Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Topic F: Revoke Certificates
Lesson 7: Implementing Compliance and Operational Security
- Topic A: Physical Security
- Topic B: Legal Compliance
- Topic C: Security Awareness and Training
- Topic D: Integrate Systems and Data with Third Parties
Lesson 8: Risk Management
- Topic A: Risk Analysis
- Topic B: Implement Vulnerability Assessment Tools and Techniques
- Topic C: Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Topic D: Mitigation and Deterrent Techniques
Lesson 9: Troubleshooting and Managing Security Incidents
- Topic A: Respond to Security Incidents
- Topic B: Recover from a Security Incident
Lesson 10: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Topic A: Business Continuity
- Topic B: Plan for Disaster Recovery
- Topic C: Execute DRPs and Procedures
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.