About this Course
In professional environments today, people work collaboratively in teams. Microsoft® SharePoint® 2016 is a platform specifically designed to facilitate collaboration, allowing people to use familiar applications and Web based tools to create, access, store, and track documents and data in a central location. In this course, you will learn about and use a SharePoint Team Site to access, store, and share information and documents.
SharePoint is a complex platform with many features and capabilities. A strong understanding of those features and capabilities will allow you to work more efficiently and effectively with SharePoint, and with the documents and data stored in SharePoint. Furthermore, effective use of new social networking capabilities will allow you to identify, track and advance issues and topic most important to you, and collaborate with colleagues more effectively.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Access and navigate SharePoint sites.
- Upload documents
- Search for documents and files
- Add and modify list items
- Configure, filter and group list views
- Update and share your profile information
- Share and follow SharePoint content
- Create a blog
- Access and save SharePoint documents with Microsoft Office
- Manage document versions through Office 2016
- Synchronize libraries, sites, and MySite while working offline
- Work from a mobile device
Lesson 1: Accessing and Navigating SharePoint Team Sites
Topic A: Access SharePoint Sites
Topic B: Navigate SharePoint Sites
Lesson 2: Working with Documents, Content, and Libraries
Topic A: Upload Documents
Topic B: Search for Documents and Files
Lesson 3: Working with Lists
Topic A: Add List Items
Topic B: Modify List Items
Topic C: Configure List Views
Topic D: Filtering and Grouping with List Views
Lesson 4: Configuring Your SharePoint Profile
Topic A: Update and Share Your Profile Information
Topic B: Share and Follow SharePoint Content
Topic C: Creating a Blog
Lesson 5: Integrating with Microsoft Office
Topic A: Access and Save SharePoint Documents with Microsoft Office
Topic B: Manage Document Versions through Office 2016
Topic C: Accessing SharePoint Data from Outlook 2016
Lesson 6: Working Offline and Remotely with SharePoint
Topic A: Synchronize Libraries, Sites, and MySite and Working Offline
Topic B: Working from a Mobile Device
Proficiency with the Windows operating systems is recommended along with experience using any or all of the Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 or 2016 suite components, plus basic competence with Internet browsing.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.