About this Course
You will have the advanced skills and concepts students need to use Microsoft Word productively and efficiently. Students will learn to add interactive elements such as forms and content from other applications, and to save a file as a web page. Then they will learn how to use document references such as citations, indexes, and tables of contents. Next, they will learn to work more efficiently in Word by customizing the ribbon, creating macros, using building blocks, and inserting subdocuments. In addition, students will learn to record and copy macros, to create and modify VBA modules, and to control Word objects in the Visual Basic Environment. Finally, students will learn the fundamentals of VBA programming through creating control structures, designing VBA forms, and debugging programs.
This course is designed for persons who are able to create and modify Word documents in Microsoft Word, but need to know how to create or modify documents using graphic features and internal references to aid readers in navigating their documents. It also aims to assist persons preparing for the Microsoft Office Specialist exams for Microsoft Word ®.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Mail Merge form letters with address lists
- Create diagrams and shapes
- Format documents with sections and columns
- Define a TOC, Bibilography, and insert reference tables
- Track changes and share documents
- Create a form and insert charts
- Record a basic macro and customize the Quick Access Toolbar
Unit 1: Document interactivity
- Topic A: Creating forms
- Topic B: Inserting objects and charts
- Topic C: Web pages
Unit 2: Document references
- Topic A: Tables of contents and captions
- Topic B: Indexes, bibliographies, and footnotes
Unit 3: Working efficiently
- Topic A: Customizing the ribbon
- Topic B: Building Blocks
- Topic C: Master documents
Unit 4: Macros and VBA fundamentals
- Topic A: Simple macros
- Topic B: Visual Basic for Applications
- Topic C: Modifying and creating macros
- Topic D: Word objects
Unit 5: VBA programming
- Topic A: Control structures
- Topic B: VBA forms
- Topic C: Debugging and error handling
Students should be able to use Microsoft Word to create and format documents, navigate the Office ribbon, set and modify word product options, and save as a word template.
Students can obtain this level of skill by taking the following Axzo Press Course:
- Microsoft Word, Level 1.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.