The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, the CompTIA® A+® certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
The CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006) course can benefit you in two ways. It can assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA Network+ examination (Exam N10-006). Also, if your job duties include network troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance, or if you are preparing for any type of network-related career, it provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be successful.
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks. You will:
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Identify unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Implement routing technologies.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Describe basic concepts related to network security.
- Prevent security breaches.
- Respond to security incidents.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.