- May 1, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- April 4, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
About this Course
Students taking the Advanced PowerPoint course will learn to control global settings by using slide masters, and to apply effects such as transitions and timings. They’ll learn more about working with images, and how to include media files, animation, and a photo album in a presentation. Next, they’ll explore advanced tools for working with SmartArt, tables, and charts, and then learn how to create action buttons and equations. Students will also integrate other Microsoft Office files, embed and link external resources, and create hyperlinks. Then, they’ll insert review comments, protect a presentation with a password, and prepare a presentation for delivery in various formats. Finally, they’ll customize application settings and toolbars, and create and apply custom themes.
The target student should be comfortable using a personal computer and Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, or preferably Windows 7. Students also need to know the basics of using Microsoft PowerPoint 2016. Students will get the most out of this course if their goal is to become more proficient using PowerPoint to create enhanced presentations.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Control global setting by using slide masters, apply transition effects, control and record timings, and create custom slide shows
- Crop images and remove background elements, insert and edit media files, apply animation effects, and create a photo album presentation
- Create and edit SmartArt graphics, create tables from scratch, and create and format charts
- Create action buttons for user navigation, and create and edit equations
- Integrate Microsoft Office files, create a presentation from a Word outline, embed and link external resources and create hyperlinks
- Insert review comments, protect a presentation with a password, create handouts in word, and prepare a presentation for delivery in several formats, including CD, PDF, video and image files; and deliver a presentation online
- Customize application settings and toolbars, and create and apply custom themes
Unit 1: Slide masters and transitions
- Topic A: Slide masters
- Topic B: Transitions and timings
- Topic C: Custom slide shows
Unit 2: Graphics and media
- Topic A: Modifying graphics
- Topic B: Media clips
- Topic C: Animations
- Topic D: Photo albums
Unit 3: Customizing slide elements
- Topic A: Working with SmartArt graphics
- Topic B: Customizing tables
- Topic C: Working with charts
Unit 4: Action buttons and equations
- Topic A: Action buttons
- Topic B: Equations
Unit 5: Integrating Microsoft Office files
- Topic A: Applying content from a Word outline
- Topic B: Embedding and linking content
Unit 6: Finalizing and distributing presentations
- Topic A: Reviewing and finishing
- Topic B: Distributing presentations
Unit 7: Customizing PowerPoint
- Topic A: Application settings
Students taking this course should be familiar with personal computers and the use of a keyboard and a mouse. Furthermore, this course assumes that students have completed the following courses or have equivalent experience:
- Windows 7: Basic
- PowerPoint 2016: Basic
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.