Articulate Storyline Training – Level I
2-days • Intense • Fun • Rewarding | LIVE Online
- After you complete the Articulate Storyline Training, we provide FREE follow-up support. You’ll have LIVE one-on-one access to our certified instructors for a whole year when you need it.
Articulate Storyline is an eLearning rapid development authoring tool that’s simple enough for beginners, but powerful enough for experts. Storyline allows you to create interactive, professional-looking eLearning courses that can be published to web servers and SCORM-compliant Learning Management Systems.
This hands-on, instructor-led, and project-based workshop focuses on teaching attendees the most important and essential features of Storyline. As developers and workbook authors, we understand the areas that matter the most to any new users, and we’ll get you there in just 2-days.
Topics discussed include the Storyline interface and windows, workflow discussions, project setup, adding content and interactivity, states, layers, triggers and conditions, variables, creating assessments, publishing, best practices, and more.
The audience for this course is beginner Storyline users who need to understand the essential features of the application or existing users that need to improve their skills or gain a better understanding of the Storyline workflow.
- Understand the Storyline Interface
- Understand Scenes and Slides
- Import PowerPoint slides into a project
- Understand Branching
- Understand Timeline features
- Understand States
- Use interactive Objects
- Understand Triggers and Conditions
- Understand Variables
- Understand Layers
- Add narrations by recording or importing audio
- Understand questions and results slides
- Articulate Review (360 users)
- Learn How to Publish
During this module, you’ll begin to learn the Storyline interface and views. You’ll open an existing project and explore the Storyline interface.
- The Articulate Storyline User Interface
- Feature set review
- Planning your Storyline Project
- The Story View
- Triggers Panel
- Slide Properties Panel
- Layers Panel
- Timeline Panel
- States Panel
- Scenes Panel
You’ll begin the process of creating an e-Learning project. You’ll create a project from scratch, add scenes and slides, apply masters, and import content from Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Create a New Project
- Apply a Theme
- Apply a Content Master Slide
- Edit a Slide Master
- Create Scenes
- Insert New Slides
- Modify Master Slides
- Update Color Schemes
- Modify Font Families
- Arrange Slides
You’ll add common slide elements as text, images, characters, and captions. You’ll also learn how to create and format shapes and work with a bulleted list.
- Create slides
- Work with Slide Properties
- Import PowerPoint File
- Add Text
- Add Shapes
- Add Animations
- Synch objects on the timeline
- Add Buttons
- Add Button Sets
- Animate an Object
- Control Animation Options
You’ll learn how to engage your learner by not only adding buttons, controlling appearances. You’ll learn about the power of layers, and give learners a place to use entry fields. In this module, you’ll use Triggers to slide objects. You’ll also work with Hotspots.
- Add Buttons
- Work with Button States
- Insert a Text Entry Field
- Create Triggers
- Edit Triggers
- Adding Data Entries
- Make Triggers Conditional
- Hide and showing Objects Conditionally
- Add a Variable
- Use Variables in Conditions
Layers are the heart of feedback and content display. No other authoring tools even come close to Storyline when it comes to layers functionality.
- Add Slide Layers
- Modify Layer Properties
- Change Layer Visibility Options
- Affect Base Layer Navigations Control
Working with Media
Learn to add voiceover audio to an e-Learning project. You’ll learn how to import, record, and edit audio. You’ll also learn how to animate Storyline slides, and how to insert videos.
- Add Video
- Add Audio
- Record Audio
- Edit Audio
- Add Voiceover Audio to a Slide
- Change Slide Audio
- Edit Slide Audio
- Add Silence
- Record Voiceover Audio
- Control Object Timing
- Synch Audio with slide elements
- Insert Video
- Delay Object Start Times
- Trim Video
- Animate a Video
- Add a Slide Transition
Variables serve as buckets for data. The data can be used to provide feedback to the learner and/or allow you as the developer to create conditional scenarios.
- Manage a Variable
- Reference a Variable
- Create a Variable
- Manipulate a Variable with a Trigger
- Create a True/False Variable
- Create a Trigger to Change a True/False Variable
- Add a Condition to an Existing Trigger
- Play Audio with a Conditional Trigger
- Add a Condition to a Button
Storyline includes a wonderful array of Quiz Slides including Multiple Choice, True/False, Matching, Fill-in-the-blank, Pick One or Many, and even Drag and Drop. During this module, you’ll get a chance to add a quiz and a few questions.
- Insert a Multiple Choice Slide
- Insert a Matching Drag-and-Drop Slide
- Insert a Freeform Drag and Drop Quiz Slide
- Insert a Quiz Result Slide
- Publish to Review 360
- Publish Course Content
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.