- January 6, 2020 - January 7, 2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- February 17, 2020 - February 18, 2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- March 30, 2020 - March 31, 2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
You have the option to attend this Adobe InDesign training at our Herndon, Virginia location or attend remotely (live online). When you register, you will have the option to check if you prefer to attend remotely.
Adobe InDesign – Level I Training
This Adobe InDesign training provides you with the knowledge to create, preflight, and publish everything from printed books and brochures to digital magazines, iPad apps, eBooks, and interactive online documents. In this class we will taught how to use this professional tool by a certified instructor with years of experience in training and production.
InDesign is a powerful design and production application that offers precision, control, and seamless integration with other Adobe professional graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. It has long been the industry standard for publications such as books, magazines, and brochures, and it has now become the industry standard for creating ePubs, interactive PDFs, and interactive magazines that are viewed on tablets such as iPads. InDesign is used by designers, graphic artists, and anyone who wants more control over placing elements on a page. In this Introduction class, you will learn the basics of InDesign, including:
- An overview to the workspace.
- Set up a document from scratch using multiple master pages, pages of varying sizes, and adding page numbers.
- Understand layers, create and format text and graphic frames, including adding text wrap, changing the shape of frames, and aligning frames.
- Import text from Microsoft Word and flow it into InDesign across threaded text frames.
- Use Find/Change, Spell Check, and Story Editor.
- Create and apply colors, gradients, spot colors, and tints to text and objects.
1. Introducing the Workspace
Looking at and customizing the workspace
Working with panels and tools
Changing the magnification of a document
Navigating through a multipage document
2. Getting to Know InDesign
Preflighting as you work
Adding and formatting text
Working with styles, graphics, and objects
3. Setting Up a Document and Working with Pages
Creating a new document
Working with master pages and applying master pages to document pages
Adding, rearranging, and deleting document pages
Changing the size and orientation of pages
Using sections to change the format of the page numbers
Placing text and graphics on document pages
Overriding master page items on document pages
4. Working with Objects
Working with layers
Creating and modifying text and graphic frames
Adding metadata captions to graphics frames
Placing and linking graphics frames
Changing the shape of a frame
Wrapping text around a graphic
Transforming and aligning objects
Working with grouped objects
5. Flowing Text
Flowing text into existing frames
Creating text frames while placing text
Flowing text manually, semi-automatically, and
Creating threaded frames
Resizing text frames manually and automatically
Adding a jump line page number
6. Editing Text
Finding and changing a missing font
Finding and changing text and formatting
Using the story editor
7. Working with Color
Adjusting display quality of images
Defining printing requirements
Creating and applying colors to text and objects
Working with gradients, spot colors, and tints
Creating a dashed line
Venue: Herndon, VA OR Online
Venue Phone: 1-866-592-7840Address:
205 Van Buren Street,
Herndon, VA 20170
- Free plentiful parking
- Complimentary lunch, drinks, snacks provided