- September 3, 2019 - September 4, 2019
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- November 18, 2019 - November 19, 2019
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
As with all of our classes, our Adobe FrameMaker classes are hands-on and project-driven. In this 2-day class on the unstructured features of FrameMaker, your projects will include creating one complete chapter—from scratch—in what will eventually be part of a multi-chapter book as well as editing a booklet. For more details on the specific features covered, see the list under Class Topics.
Because students will work along with the instructor to complete a series of projects, we recommend using two displays in our online classes (this could be two monitors, two computers or a computer and a tablet), so that the student can keep one eye on the instructor’s screen as they work.
A copy of the coursebook and the data files will be sent to you prior to the start of the class. The coursebook for this class is only available as an eBook.
Defining Paragraph Formats
Learn how create a document from scratch and how to define paragraph formats with the Paragraph Designer.
Defining Color and Character Formats
- Learn how to add color and inline formatting with the Character Designer
- Define running headers and footers that pull live data off the page, and update with document editing
- Add imported images and FrameMaker-drawn graphics to your chapter’s running heads
- Explore user variables, spell-check, thesaurus, extended characters, and more
- Easily one of the most powerful features of FrameMaker: learn to define table formats with Table Designer to quickly and accurately format and update multiple tables
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.