Earn a Storyline Specialist Certificate after completing this 2-day class.
- After you complete the Articulate Storyline Training, we provide FREE follow-up support. You’ll have LIVE one-on-one access to our certified instructors for a whole year when you need it.
Articulate Storyline advanced provides students with the knowledge and hands-on practice they need to develop and build advanced interactions, extend the functionality of Storyline, and have a better understanding of Storyline project workflow.
This class is for those who are familiar with the basic features of Storyline such as creating slides, layers, triggers, working with timelines, importing text, characters, and videos, creating simple tests, and other basic functions, and would like to gain a deeper knowledge of Storyline.
This class builds upon fundamental skills in Storyline Beginner (link to the beginner class) by providing students with hands-on practice extending Storyline capabilities and customizing the learner experience.
In this class we explore advanced Storyline features in depth including creating interactive software simulations, creating random quiz questions, motion paths, variables, conditional triggers, incorporating Storyline with Articulate Rise, and inserting video cue points.
- Importing question slider from a spreadsheet
- Create Pre and Post training assessments
- Compare pre and post-test results
- Create aggregate result slides
- Advanced Triggers and conditions
- Work with audio and video triggers
- Use detailed graphics properties
- Implement interactive objects
- Adjust variables based on other variables
- Use the Timeline, Scenes, and Layers more efficiently
- Prepare a Storyline project for use with a Learning Management System
- Use motion paths creatively and in various ways
- Creating complete and seamless software simulations with ‘Action Fine Tuning’
- Work with sliders and dials
- Cross-reference variable between Sliders and Dials
- Multi conditional triggers
- Integrating RISE and Storyline
- Tips and Techniques
- Work with the Media Library
- Best Practices
Lesson 1: Advanced Quizzes
- Import Quiz Questions from Markup
- Work with Pre and Post Tests
- Set Up Custom Learner Paths
- Create Question Banks
Lesson 2: Animations with Motion Paths
- Work with multiple Motion Paths
- Use Triggers to control Motion Paths
Lesson 3: Gamification
- Manage scores and counters
- Work with Random Number Variables
- Concocting Variables
- Reset Scores and Games
Lesson 5: Sliders, Dials, and 360-degree images
- Understand Sliders, Dials, and Variables to better explain data ranges
- Inter-Connect Sliders and Dials via variables
- Create immersive interactive learning from Panoramic Images
Lesson 6: Accessibility and Reporting
- Review Storyline Accessibility controls
- Add Closed Captions
Lesson 7: Software Simulations
- Understand the Storyline Screen Recordings workflow
- Create an interactive video from a Screencast
- Create Demo and Try simulations
Note: The lessons outlined above comprise activities typically covered in a class of this skill level. The instructor may, at the instructor’s discretion, alter the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.