About this Course
Today, when it comes to identifying critical issues and providing effective IS management solutions, companies are leaning on IS managers to create solutions for tomorrow’s problems. The knowledge and course content provided in the Certified Information Systems Security Manager – C)ISSM will not only cover ISACA®’s CISM exam but will provide a measurable certification that demonstrates proficiency in the IS Management Field.
The Certified Information Systems Security Manager covers the skills and knowledge to assess threat analysis and risks, Risk & incident management, Security programs and CISO roles, IS security strategy and frameworks, Audit and Risk management creation of policies, compliance and awareness, as well as DR and BCP development, deployment and maintenance. The Certified Information Systems Security Manager will receive in-depth knowledge in topics that pertain to the
Information Security Governance, Information Risk Management & Compliance, Information Security Program Development & Management and
- Accredited by the NSA CNSS 4011-4016
- Is approved and has been placed on Homeland Security’s National Initiative for Cyber Security Careers and Studies (NICCS) training providers and maps to the National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
- Preferred cyber certification for the FBI
IS Security Officers
Information Systems Owners
IS Control Assessors
At Course Completion
Upon completion, Certified Information Systems Security Manager students will be able to establish industry acceptable IS Management standards with current best practices and policies. Students will also be prepared to competently attempt the C)ISSM exam.
Module 1 – Introduction
Module 2 – Information Security Governance
Module 3 – Information Risk Management and Compliance
Module 4 – Information Security Program Development and Management
Module 5 – Information Security Incident Management
A minimum of 1 year in Information Systems
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.