The Risk Management Framework (RMF)
This class is a 4-day course is designed for IT security professionals based on the Risk Management Framework used by the DoD.
– The 6 major steps and all sub-tasks within the RMF process
– NIST baseline security controls
– Documentation requirements
– Continuous monitoring process
– DoDI 8510.01
– NIST 800-53 security controls
– NIST 800-53a evaluation procedures
Many more NIST publications are reviewed, in addition to documents from FIPS and CNSS.
This RMF replaces DIACAP within the Federal Government. The RMF emphasizes cyber security training for all federal agencies.
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, students should have a general working knowledge of information systems prior to enrollment.