About this Course
In Access Level 1 students learn the basic skills and concepts needed to use Microsoft Access productively and efficiently. Topics covered include reviewing the Access environment, effectively planning databases, creating tables, organizing fields and records, and working with data entry rules. Students will also learn how to create basic queries, and how to work with forms and reports.
This course will help students prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist exam for Access (exam 77-424). For comprehensive certification training, students should complete the Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced courses for Access.
This course is designed for students who wish to learn the basic operations of the Microsoft Access Database program to perform their day-to-day responsibilities, and to understand the advantages that using a relational database program can bring to their business processes. This Level 1 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include designing and creating new databases, tables, and relationships; creating and maintaining records; locating records; and producing reports based on the information in the database.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the components of the Microsoft Access environment.
- Identify the components of a database.
- Organize data in tables.
- Change the design of a table
- Organizing records
- Set field properties
- Set validation rules
- Create and modify queries
- Create forms
- Sort and filter data
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Access
- Identify the Elements of the User Interface
- Identify the Tabs and Commands on the Ribbon
- Obtain Help in Access
Lesson 2: Identifying the Components of a Database
- Define Database Concepts
- Identify the Components of a Database
- Examine the Relational Database Design Process
Lesson 3: Organizing Data in Tables
- Create a Table
- Modify Table Data and Properties
- Create a Table Relationship
Lesson 4: Fields and Records
- Changing the design of a table
- Finding and Editing Records
- Organizing records
Lesson 5: Data Entry rules
- Setting Field Properties
- Working with Input Masks
- Setting Validation Rules
Lesson 6: Basic queries
- Creating and Using Queries
- Modifying Query Results and Queries
- Performing Operations in Queries
Lesson 7: Using Forms
- Creating Forms
- Using Design View
- Sorting and Filtering Records
To be successful in this course, students should have a basic understanding of the Windows operating system, including how to launch an application and create and save files. Some knowledge of basic database concepts is also helpful.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.