- October 1, 2019 - October 2, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Please note that you have the option to attend this class at our Herndon, VA location or attend remotely (live online). When you register, you will have the option to check if you prefer to attend remotely.
This class provides you with the concepts and skills to properly prepare Adobe PDF documents and fillable PDF forms for access by users with disabilities such as blindness, low vision, and mobility impairment. In this course, you will create, modify, and test PDF documents for accessibility purposes. We also recommend this course for those planning to obtain the Adobe Certified Expert status.
This course will help students to become familiar with, and come into compliance with, the Federal Government’s ADA Section 508 accessibility regulations. It will cover application features that are designed to help meet those requirements.
- What is accessibility in publications?
- What are the Section 508 requirements?
- Evaluating existing PDF publications, forms, and archived documents
- Workflow adjustments to comply with accessibility standards
- Authoring documents for accessibility in Adobe InDesign CC 2018 and/or MS Office applications
- working with articles panel
- incorporating metadata to automate creating alt text tags
- paragraph styles settings to enable accessibility
- mapping styles to PDF accessibility tags
- tagging objects as artifacts
- working with lists and tables
- generating bookmarks, hyperlinks and TOC
- Applying the best design practices to yield accessibility
- streamlining content
- charts, maps, figures and forms
- Preserving accessibility features when exporting to PDF
- Overview of PDF accessibility tags and tools in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Repairing PDF documents in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- adding alternate text to images and charts
- adding metadata for accessibility
- working with tables, lists, and captions
- adding bookmarks and links
- proper nesting of headings
- reviewing logical reading order and adjusting a document structure
- adding accessibility to scanned documents
- Creating interactive and accessible forms
- Document security and accessibility considerations
- Using the Accessibility Checker and the Tags panel in Acrobat
Venue: Herndon, VA or LIVE Online
Venue Phone: 1-866-592-7840Address:
- Free plentiful parking
- Complimentary lunch, drinks, snacks provided
205 Van Buren Street,
Herndon, VA 20170
Please note that you have the option to attend classes at our Herndon, VA location or attend remotely (live online). When you register, you will have the option to check if you prefer to attend remotely.