Beginner-Advanced training on the reimagined Adobe Captivate 12, released in mid-2023. This live, online, virtual instructor-led (vILT) course will teach you the essential skills to create interactive and engaging eLearning. Learn Captivate via step-by-step training from an experienced eLearning developer, Captivate expert, and certified online training professional (COTP).
This live, online, instructor-led virtual training session (vILT) will empower you to create your own interactive and engaging eLearning using Adobe Captivate 12 (released mid-2023).
As the class starts, open a completed project and become familiar with the Captivate interface.
Build a soft skills eLearning project from scratch that includes slides, text, images, and interactive components such as navigation buttons.
Create incredible software simulations of anything you can do on your computer. Along the way, learn the value of writing recording scripts, learn best practices for recording your screen, edit/enhance the recorded content, and publish the simulations for the widest possible audience.
Add best-in-class interactivity to your Captivate projects by including quizzes and input fields with variables that allow you to personalize the training for each learner.
Unleash the power of actions, advanced actions, and conditional advanced actions.
Set up your Captivate projects so that learner interactions and quiz results are reported to SCORM and AICC-compliant Learning Management Systems.
And learn how to make your project accessible by adding such best-in-class features as accessibility text and closed captions.
Note: This course covers Adobe Captivate 12, also known as Adobe Captivate or Adobe Captivate 2023. This course does not cover Adobe Captivate Classic, also known as Adobe Captivate 2019.
Who Should Attend?
- eLearning developers
- Instructional designers
- Content creators
Topics covered in this course include, but are not limited to:
- Review the eLearning development process, including the value of instructional design and creating storyboards
- Explore the Captivate 12 interface
- Create a soft skills project from scratch
- Add slides
- Add text blocks
- Add media blocks
- Add interactive components such as buttons, text fields, and drop-down menus
- Add widgets
- Record, edit, and import audio
- Add simple actions to slide objects
- Preview and publish projects
- Review a software simulation eLearning script
- Record software simulations in multiple modes
- Add variables
- Create advanced actions
- Add quizzes
- Enable reporting
- Prepare a project to report data to a Learning Management System
- Publish SCORM packages
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.