Rise is an elearning authoring tool that allows you to create attractive, responsive and interactive courses quickly and easily, without the need to learn a comprehensive program.
Audience: This Articulate Rise training is suitable for anyone using Articulate 360, with any level of experience. This training focuses on teaching course developers how to use Rise in a practical way by using real world examples and workflows.
Course Description: In this 1-day course, you’ll create a Rise project simultaneously with the instructor, who will walk you through every step – from adding initial lessons, to quizzes and interactive blocks through to launch. You’ll walk away with your first project under your belt and the confidence to create your next project with ease.
- Preview an existing Rise course
- Begin creating a new course
Learn the following:
Learn to Build Lessons:
- Learn how to use an outline to separate your lessons and sections.
- Using basic text blocks
- Paragraphs with headings
- Paragraphs with subheadings
- Two column
- Using statements and notes
- Stylizing quotes and quotes on images
- Change text to a list
- Using charts
- Bar chart
- Line chart
- Pie chart
- Using images
- Stylized images
- Image & Text
- Text on image
- Creating image galleries
- Two, three or four column grids
- Adding video and audio
Learn to enhance your project with interactions:
- Create explorable images with labelled graphics
- Reduce bullet points with accordion blocks or tabs
- Add an interactive process block
- Create scenarios to explain a process
- Use a sorting game to boost understanding
- Create case studies with knowledge check blocks using:
- Multiple choice
- Multiple response
- Fill in the blank
- Add important resources with attachment blocks
- Use process blocks to explain linear concepts
- Use buttons to send learner to outside resources or point them to another course
- Create block templates for use across multiple courses
Learn how to use Storyline to add even more interactivity your project
- Build an interaction in Storyline specifically for your Rise course
- Uploading your interaction to Review
- Insert a Storyline block into your project
- Insert your interaction
Customize Course Appearance
- Update your account picture
- Add a logo and cover photo
- Choosing a theme
- Change navigation settings from open to fixed
- Localize with translation and labels
Share your Rise course
- Share a course for previewing
- Collaborate on a course
- Export your completed course for LMS, PDF or Web
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.