About this Course
The fundamental-level full day course is intended for individuals who seek an overall understanding of the AWS Cloud, independent of specific technical roles. It provides a detailed overview of cloud concepts, AWS services, security, architecture, pricing, and support. It includes lab exercises reinforcing some of the core concepts of the lecture. This course also helps you prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam.
This course is intended for:
- Business analysts
- Project managers
- AWS Academy students
- Other IT-related professionals
At Course Completion
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Define what the cloud is and how it works
- Differentiate between cloud computing and deployment models
- Describe the AWS Cloud value proposition
- Describe the basic global infrastructure of the cloud
- Compare the different methods of interacting with AWS
- Describe and differentiate between AWS service domains
- Given a scenario, identify an appropriate solution using AWS Cloud services
- Describe the Well-Architected Framework
- Describe basic AWS Cloud architectural principles
- Explain the Shared Responsibility model
- Describe security services with the AWS cloud
- Define the billing, account management, and pricing models for the AWS platform
- Identify future services and developments built on the cloud
This course covers the following concepts:
- Introduction to the AWS Cloud
- Getting Started in the Cloud
- Building in the Cloud
- Pricing Models and Cloud Application Support
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- General IT technical knowledge
- General IT business knowledge
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.