About this Course
The Certified Digital Forensics Examiner vendor neutral certificationis designed to train Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigators whereby students are taught electronic discovery and advanced investigation techniques. This course is essential to anyone encountering digital evidence while conducting aninvestigation.
Mile2’s Certified Digital Forensics Examiner training teaches the methodology for conducting a computer forensic examination. Students will learn to use forensically sound investigative techniques in order to evaluate the scene, collect and document all relevant information, interview appropriate personnel, maintain chain-of-custody, and write a findings report.The Certified Digital Forensics Examiner course will benefit organizations, individuals, government offices, and law enforcement agencies interested in pursuing litigation, proof of guilt, or corrective action based on digital evidence.
- Accredited by the NSA CNSS 4011-4016
- Is approved and has been placed on Homeland Security’s National Initiative for Cyber Security Careers and Studies (NICCS) training providers and maps to the National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
- Preferred cyber certification for the FBI
At Course Completion
Upon completion, Certified Digital Forensics Examiner students will be able to establish industry acceptable digital forensics standards with current best practices and policies. Students will also be prepared to competently take the C)DFE exam.
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Computer Forensic Incidents
Module 3: Investigation Process
Module 4: Disk Storage Concepts
Module 5: Digital Acquisition & Analysis
Module 6: Forensic Examination Protocols
Module 7: Digital Evidence Protocols
Module 8: CFI Theory
Module 9: Digital Evidence Presentation
Module 10: Computer Forensic Laboratory Protocols
Module 11: Computer Forensic Processing Techniques
Module 12: Digital Forensics Reporting
Module 13: Specialized Artifact Recovery
Module 14: e-Discovery and ESI
Module 15: Mobile Device Forensics
Module 16: USB Forensics
Module 17: Incident Handling
A minimum of 1 year in computers
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.