About this Course
The Certified Professional Ethical Hacker vendor neutral certification course is the foundational training to mile2’s line of penetration testing courses.The CPEH certification training enables students to understand the importance of vulnerability assessments by providing industry knowledge and skills in Vulnerability Assessments. In doing so, the CPEH student is able to understand how malware and destructive viruses function. In addition, the CPEH course helps students learn how to implement counter response and preventative measures when it comes to a network hack. The CPEH course provides in-depth labs that focus on both open source and commercial based tools with industry best practices. These hands on labs emulate real world hacking scenarios and equip the candidate to assess your company’s security posture, help implement controls to better secure your company’s network infrastructure and how to combat against hackers and/or viruses, etc.
- Accredited by the NSA CNSS 4011-4016
- Is approved and has been placed on Homeland Security’s National Initiative for Cyber Security Careers and Studies (NICCS) training providers and maps to the National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
- Preferred cyber certification for the FBI
Information System Owners
System Owner and Managers
Cyber Security Engineers
At Course Completion
Upon completion, the Certified Professional Ethical Hacker candidate will be able to competently take the CPEH exam.
Module 1 – Security Fundamentals
Module 2 – Access Controls
Module 3 – Protocols
Module 4 -Cryptography
Module 5 – Why Vulnerability Assessments?
Module 6 – Vulnerability Tools of the Trade
Module 7 – Output Analysis and Reports
Module 8 – Reconnaissance, Enumeration & Scanning
Module 9 – Gaining Access
Module 10 – Maintaining Access
Module 11 – Covering Tracks
Module 12 – Malware
Module 13 – Buffer Overflows
Module 14 – Password Cracking
Appendix 1 – Economics and Law
Appendix 2 – Vulnerability Types
Appendix 3 – Assessing Web Servers
Appendix 4 – Assessing Remote & VPN Services
Appendix 5 – Denial of Services
12 months of IT security experience
12 months of Networking Experience
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.