Course Length: 6 hours (1 day)
Excel is a powerful program, beautifully designed so that you can simplify your use and analysis of large amounts of data.
In this course, you will create, edit, display and print Excel workbooks using new features and custom interface tools. You will:
- Enter, edit, and format data to create workbooks
- Enter data using time-saving tools like Flash Fill and Autocomplete
- Use functions and formulas to calculate data
- Understand Relative and Absolute Cell References
- Format worksheets and cells
- Manage larger workbooks
- Print workbooks
- Customize the interface by changing ribbon display options and customizing the Quick Access Toolbar
This course is for those who are new to Microsoft Excel and want to gain confidence navigating the interface, using functions and formulas, and formatting their work in order to present it clearly.
Section 1: Creating, Opening and Saving Workbooks
What is Excel?
Create a New Blank Workbook
Open Excel Files
Navigate a Workbook
Section 2: Exploring the User Interface
Quick Access Toolbar
Shortcut Key Tips
Section 3: Working with Data
Basic Data Types
Enter, Edit and Delete Data
Use Autocomplete and Autofill
Resize Columns and Rows
Insert and Delete Columns, Rows, Cells
Hide and Unhide Columns and Rows
Use Undo, Redo and Repeat
Spellcheck and AutoCorrect
Use Find, Replace and Go To
Cut, Copy, Paste and Paste Special
Use the Fill Handle
Section 4: Performing Calculations
Use Basic Formulas
Use Basic Functions
Understand Absolute and Relative Cell References
Section 5: Using Time Saving Tools
Section 6: Formatting A Workbook
Work with Fonts and Font Attributes
Apply Borders and Shading
Use the Format Painter
Change Text Alignment
Apply Manual Line Breaks
Merge and Centre Text
Create and Modify Styles
Apply Number Formats
Section 7: Managing Large Workbooks
Colour-code Worksheet Tab Colours
Copy, Move, Delete, and Group Worksheets
Work with Freeze Panes
Section 8: Printing and Viewing A Workbook
Work with Page Breaks
Work with Print Preview and Page Layout View
Change Margins and Page Orientation
Scale to Fit Worksheets
Insert Headers and Footers
Print Titles Across All Pages
Review Print Options
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.