Participants engage in a highly interactive approach that provides hands-on practice applying Scrum in multiple project settings and situations. Exercises, case studies, and examples bring home the realization of how to be a Certified ScrumMaster™ instead of a project manager. This course will equip participants with the knowledge, skills, and tools to successfully implement Scrum as ScrumMasters.
Topics covered include:
- Historical Background of Agile
- Overview of Scrum
- Scrum Roles and Responsibilities
- Benefits and Challenges in using Scrum
- Agile Adoption Patterns for Large Organizations
- Agile Project Management
- Agile Estimation and Planning
- Advanced Scrum Techniques
- Role of the Scrum Master
- Organizational Dynamics of Scrum Adoption
- Building Successful Teams for Scrum
- Learning Objectives
At the end of the workshop you should be able to:
- Improve time to value by driving priorities and value to the customer
- Remove the barriers between development and the customer so the customer directly drives development
- Enable the customer to maximize ROI and meet their objectives through Scrum
- Improve the lives of the development team by facilitating creativity and empowerment
- Improve the productivity of the development team through an iterative development process
This class assumes you are familiar with Agile principles and practices and have worked with a software development team using Scrum as an Agile work management framework.
Who Should Attend:
People who will be ScrumMasters on a Scrum project, Project Leaders, Change Agents, Process Owners, and anyone involved in helping the organization adopt Scrum.
Certification and Scrum Alliance Membership:
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) designation upon completion of online assessment (price for the assessment is included in class fee)
- Two year membership to the Scrum Alliance ($50 Value)
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDU’s):
- Project Management Professional (PMP’s) – 14 PDU’s from PMI®upon completion of this course
<li”>PMI and PMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute Inc.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.