- October 23, 2019
7:00 am - 3:00 pm
About this Course
This is the second course in TLG Learning’s custom Power BI Desktop training series. What makes Power BI for such a vast improvement over simple Excel worksheets is the Power Query engine in both Power BI and Excel. Power Query allows data to be pulled and transformed from multiple data sources. This course is designed for Report Builders who are ready to create custom data models for themselves and for other Power BI Report Users.
At Course Completion
Lesson 1 : Understanding BI Data
- Business Intelligence Data
- Data Source Types
- Power BI Data Sources
Lesson 2 : Creating Data Models
- Power BI Query Import Options
- Planning a Data Model – Flat File
- Planning Power BI Data Queries
- Planning a Data Model – Database
- Planning a Data Model – Hybrid
Lesson 3 : Customizing Data Models
- Query Editor Transformations
- Applied Steps
- Merging & Appending Queries
- Understanding the Data Modeling Tool
Lesson 4 : Power BI Functions – DAX Measures
- DAX Measures
- Creating Measures
- Best Practices
Lesson 5 : Using Dates Correctly
- Building Data Tables
- Building Hierarchies
Data Analysis using Power BI Desktop – Level 1 – Report Builder
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.