- June 10, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
About this Course
Further prepare for your PMI certification by participating in this one-day workshop. This Q&A style session shall cover the key themes and concepts of the project management framework and the ten project management Knowledge Areas described in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition. It is designed to directly respond to student articulated questions specific to credential examination topics and optimizes the students’ time with the instructor. Students will have the opportunity to test their knowledge against relevant context from the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition
The certified instructor will be prepared with exercises, demonstrations, and other material to assist in explaining topics. Students will be provided the opportunity, if necessary, to practice calculations, PMBOK® Guide process ordering, and precedence diagramming, or other exercises.
- The PMP/CAPM Exam Cram Q&A is a one-day workshop for any student preparing for either the Project Management Professional (PMP)® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® credential examinations.
At Course Completion
- Receive answers to outstanding questions of any PMBOK® Guide material.
- Have had the opportunity to experience and practice sample PMP/CAPM exam questions in an instructor-mentored environment.
The certified instructor will be prepared with exercises, demonstrations, or other material to assist in explaining topics. Students will be provided the opportunity, if necessary, to practice calculations, PMBOK® Guide process ordering, and precedence diagramming, or other exercises.
Topics of discussion may include:
The Environments in Which Projects Operate
- The Role of the Project Manager
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Agile, Iterative, Adaptive, and Hybrid Project Environments
- Key Concepts for Knowledge Areas
- Tailoring Considerations for Knowledge Areas
- Previous Project Management Professional (PMP)® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® credential examinations preparation courses from Springhouse or global equivalent
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.