- May 24, 2021 - May 28, 2021
10:00 am - 7:00 pm
About this Course
This course provides the foundation and structure to learn the fundamentals of project management and prepare for the Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® and is based on The Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK)® Sixth Edition.
The Training PMP Certification course contains content and emphasis compliant with current examination criteria. This is a highly participative course with, real-world concepts and applications, hands-on exercises and case studies that introduce participants to update life-cycle impacts. Students are encouraged to participate in class and group discussions toward reinforcing knowledge and understanding and application. The PMP course guides the participant toward mastery of Project Management skills and not merely an exam prep course.
After completing the course, student will receive 35 Professional Development Units (PDUs®) across the 3 domains (Leadership, Technical and Business Value).
This Training is from a PMI Registered Education Provider (REP) and maintains content consistent with PMI REP guidelines. Course content and delivery are consistent with the 35 hours required for PMP exam application. Join us for a recognized, world class, Project Management education! Our PMP® Certification Course is compliant with the March 26, 2018 PMP Exam criteria.
PMP, PMBOK and PMI are registered marks of the
Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMP® or CAPM® exam process.
The target student for this workshop is a project manager beginning to prepare for the PMP® certification exam or one who wants a capstone for preparation.
At Course Completion
- Prepare participants to successfully take the PMP® or CAPM® exam
- Introduce participants to the methods and tools of project management contained within the PMBOK® Guide, 5th Edition
- Provide students with ample opportunities to assess their readiness for the exam with module quizzes and a sample exam
1. Foundation of Project Management
2. Role of the Project Manager
3. Project Life Cycle Alternatives
4. Portfolio, Program and Project Governance & Methodology
5. Understand the Customer Needs
6. Scope Definition
7. Developing a Work Breakdown Structure
8. The People Side of Managing Projects
9. Organizational & Communications Management
10. Staff Acquisition & Team Development
11. Risk Management Process – Identification, Quantification, Response, and
12. Tools and Techniques for Schedule Development
13. Project Cost Management
14. Procurement Planning
15. Vender Selection and Contract Administration
16. Project Plan Execution
17. Team Motivation – How to maintain high-performance levels
18. Scope Verification
19. Information Distribution
20. Schedule and Cost Control
21. Earned Value Management
22. Performance Measurements
23. Decision-making Tools
24. Integrated Change Control System
25. Project Closure
You will learn
You will learn the skills necessary to lead project teams and achieve successful project results. The PMP Credential recognizes the competence of an individual to perform in the role of a project manager, specifically experience in leading and directing projects.
It is recommended that students have some project management experience either as a team participant, project manager, business analyst or project stakeholder.
Certification eligibility: PMP
- Category I Candidate: University Degree, 4,500 hours of PM experience, 3 years documented experience within 8 years.
- Category II Candidate: No university degree required, 7,500 documented hours of PM experience for 8 years.
Certification eligibility: CAPM
- High school diploma or equivalent. 1,500 hours of work on a project team or 23 hours of formal education.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.