- January 28, 2019 - February 1, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- March 25, 2019 - March 29, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- May 20, 2019 - May 24, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- July 8, 2019 - July 12, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
About this Course
The Project Management Program is an intensive 5 day training course designed to prepare current and future project managers for alignment to and certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Students taking this course will be prepared for either the Project Management Professional (PMP®) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) exams. Students taking this course will be introduced to the 47 project management processes, 10 knowledge areas, and 5 process groups defined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge Book (PMBOK® Guide, 5th edition). Through the use of interactive group exercises it is our belief that completing these, students achieve better retention of the knowledge.
Student Materials for the Project Management Program also include a copy of the PMBOK® Guide 5th edition, 800+ page student handbook, a student guide supplement and many online exam questions and exercises!
Upon the completion of the 5th day of the course materials, students will be challenged to take a practice exam in which the students will be able to privately assess their retention of the information. The results of the exam are not necessary for the successful completion of the course. Rather, with this information , students will be able to assess their weaknesses for further study.
The completion of this course provides students with 35 contact hours for formal education necessary for the training requirement for the PMP® or CAPM® exam process.
The target student for this workshop is a project manager beginning to prepare for the PMP® certification exam or one who wants a capstone for preparation.
At Course Completion
- Prepare participants to successfully take the PMP® or CAPM® exam
- Introduce participants to the methods and tools of project management contained within the PMBOK® Guide, 5th Edition
- Provide students with ample opportunities to assess their readiness for the exam with module quizzes and a sample exam
Module 1: Introduction: Why get certified?
Module 2: Organizations, constraints, and projects: In good company
Module 3: The process framework: It all fits together
Module 4: Project Integration management: Getting the job done
Module 5: Scope Management: Doing the right stuff
Module 6: Time Management: Getting it done on time
Module 7: Cost Management: Watching the bottom line
Module 8: Quality Management: Getting it done right
Module 9: Human Resource Management: Getting the team together
Module 10: Communications Management: Getting the word out
Module 11: Project Risk Management: Planning for the unknown
Module 12: Procurement Managment: Getting some help
Module 13: Stakeholder Management: Keeping everyone engaged
Module 14: Professional Responsibility: Making good choices
Module 15: A little last-minute review: Check your knowledge
Module 16: Practice makes perfect: Practice PMP® exam
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Project Management Essentials
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.