TechSmith Camtasia 201: Intermediate Training
Training departments everywhere are moving to microlearning. Informal, short, on-demand training videos are now the go-to choice for computer skills. Learn to create these quick videos with the ideal tool for the job: TechSmith Camtasia.
In this 3-hour deep-dive you will learn how to record a high-quality, professional “click and talk” video demonstration of software, and publish your results to a video server or website. With a little practice, you will soon be cranking out Camtasia microlearning videos wholesale.
Who Should Attend?
- Training Managers
- eLearning Developers
- Application Developers
- Technical Communicators
Email us so we can discuss your needs and set up your custom training »
Topics covered include, but not limited to:
Recording Screen Actions with Camtasia Recorder
Learn some best practices for recording screen actions (video demos).
- Set up your computer’s screen resolution
- Decide on a recording size
- Use best practices for a clean recording
- Record audio along with video
Audio enhances the learner experience. This section will help ensure your audio is truly an enhancement versus a distraction.
- Microphone recommendations
- Preparing to record
- Recording audio
Editing Your Video
Once you’ve got a video demo into Camtasia, the real work begins. Learn some killer techniques for producing your videos like a pro!
- Trim a video using cut, delete, and ripple delete
- Fix common audio problems
- Add pan and zoom effects
- Leverage Library assets
- Add background music
- Trim, fade, and synchronize background music
Quizzes, SCORM, and LMSs
Studies have shown that adding a quiz to an eLearning lessons can enhance learner retention. You’ll learn how to add a quiz and then add multiple quiz questions.
- Insert a Quiz
- Add a Multiple Choice Question
- Add a True/False Question
- Set up a project to report quiz results to a Learning Management System (using SCORM)
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.