TechSmith Camtasia 201: Intermediate Training
Training departments everywhere are moving to microlearning. Informal, short, on-demand training videos are now the go-to choice for computer skills. Learn to create these quick videos with the ideal tool for the job: TechSmith Camtasia.
In this 3-hour deep-dive you will learn how to record a high-quality, professional “click and talk” video demonstration of software, and publish your results to a video server or website. With a little practice, you will soon be cranking out Camtasia microlearning videos wholesale.
Who Should Attend?
- Training Managers
- eLearning Developers
- Application Developers
- Technical Communicators
Topics covered include, but not limited to:
Recording Screen Actions with Camtasia Recorder
Learn some best practices for recording screen actions (video demos).
- Set up your computer’s screen resolution
- Decide on a recording size
- Use best practices for a clean recording
- Record audio along with video
Audio enhances the learner experience. This section will help ensure your audio is truly an enhancement versus a distraction.
- Microphone recommendations
- Preparing to record
- Recording audio
Editing Your Video
Once you’ve got a video demo into Camtasia, the real work begins. Learn some killer techniques for producing your videos like a pro!
- Trim a video using cut, delete, and ripple delete
- Fix common audio problems
- Add pan and zoom effects
- Leverage Library assets
- Add background music
- Trim, fade, and synchronize background music
Quizzes, SCORM, and LMSs
Studies have shown that adding a quiz to an eLearning lessons can enhance learner retention. You’ll learn how to add a quiz and then add multiple quiz questions.
- Insert a Quiz
- Add a Multiple Choice Question
- Add a True/False Question
- Set up a project to report quiz results to a Learning Management System (using SCORM)