- October 7, 2019
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
About this Course
In Word 2016 Level 1 students will learn all the basics they need to create, edit and format professional looking documents with ease. Topics covered also include how to add tables and lists, add design elements such as graphics and clipart, change layout options, and proof documents. Come learn how to take advantage of some of the most important and commonly used features included in this powerful word processing software!
This course is designed for users who need to learn the fundamental skills needed to create, format, edit and enhance basic documents.
At Course Completion
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Insert, format and modify tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
The content of this course follows the step-by-step Springhouse guide, Word 2016 Level 1 and is combined with a PowerPoint presentation, lecture and hands-on exercises. Each student works at their own fully equipped workstation.
Lesson 1: Getting Started in Word 2016
- Create and Save Word Documents
- Manage Your Workspace
- Edit Documents
- Preview and Print Documents
- Customize the Word Environment
Lesson 2: Formatting Text and Paragraphs Apply Character Formatting
- Control Paragraph Layout
- Align Text Using Tabs
- Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
- Apply Borders and Shading
Lesson 3: Working More Efficiently
- Make Repetitive Edits
- Apply Repetitive Formatting
- Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
Lesson 4: Managing Lists
- Sort a List
- Format a List
Lesson 5: Adding Tables
- Insert a Table
- Modify a Table
- Format a Table
- Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
- Apply a Page Border and Color
- Add Headers and Footers
- Control Page Layout
- Add a Watermark
Lesson 8: Preparing to Publish a Document
- Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
- Use Research Tools
- Check Accessibility
- Save a Document to Other Formats
To be successful in this course, students should have a basic understanding of the Windows operating system, including how to launch an application and create and save files.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.