About this Course
Now that you have mastered the basics of creating, editing and formatting documents in Word, come learn how to utilize some of the more advanced features covered in this powerful word processing software. In Word, Level 2 students will learn how to organize content using tables and charts, ensure consistent formatting through a document using templates and styles, simply and manage long documents, and effectively use the mail merge feature in word.
This course is designed for users who need to take advantage of some of the more advanced features in Word to create more complex, professional looking documents.
At Course Completion
- Organize content using tables and charts.
- Customize formats using styles and themes.
- Insert content using quick parts.
- Use templates to automate document formatting.
- Control the flow of a document.
- Simplify and manage long documents.
- Use mail merge to create letters, envelopes, and labels.
The content of this course follows the step-by-step Springhouse guide, Word, Level 2 and is combined with a PowerPoint presentation, lecture and hands-on exercises. Each student works at their own fully equipped workstation.
Lesson 1: Organizing Content Using Tables and Charts
- Sort Table Data
- Control Cell Layout
- Perform Calculations in a Table
- Create a Chart
- Add an Excel Table to a Word Document
Lesson 2: Customizing Formats Using Styles & Themes
- Create and Modify Text Styles
- Create Custom List or Table Styles
- Apply Document Themes
Lesson 3: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Insert Building Blocks
- Create and Modify Building Blocks
- Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
Lesson 4: Using Templates to Automate Document Formatting
- Create a Document Using a Template
- Create a Template
- Manage Templates with the Template Organizer
Lesson 5: Controlling the Flow of a Document
- Control Paragraph Flow
- Insert Section Breaks
- Insert Columns
- Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
Lesson 6: Simplifying and Managing Long Documents
- Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Insert an Index
- Insert a Table of Contents
- Insert an Ancillary Table
- Manage Outlines
- Create a Master Document
Lesson 7: Using Mail Merge to Create Letters, Envelopes, and Labels
- The Mail Merge Feature
- Merge Envelopes and Labels
To be successful in this course, students should have completed Word Level 1 or possess equivalent knowledge.
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- A phone or computer headset is required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Computer Audio (VoIP) or you can dial in from a regular phone. For convenience, we recommend a hands-free headset or phone.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or two computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to join multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view the instructor’s shared screen and another monitor or computer to work with the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.