- May 28, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- July 9, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- September 17, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- November 12, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Learn the basics of Lectora Inspire, including an introduction to many of the menus within the application and the various object properties. In this one-day instructor-led class, you’ll learn to build an eLearning course from scratch consisting of chapters, sections, pages, and a graded test. Include a variety of media within your title to engage learners and learn how to create basic actions (such as rollovers), navigation, customized buttons, and various question types. You will also learn how to publish a title to ReviewLink, a free online review tool, and to HTML for access via the Web. Through hands-on exercises you will experience best practices that apply to real projects right away.
- Launching Lectora
- Creating a New Responsive Title
- Creating a New, Blank Title
- Creating a New Title by Importing a PowerPoint Presentation
- Starting the Design Wizard
- Creating a New Title Using a Pre-defined Template
- Opening an Existing Title
- The Lectora Interface
- Lectora Modes
- The Book Metaphor
Building a Title
- Building a Title
- Designing Your Title
- Chapter, Section and Page Properties
- Adding Objects to Your Title
- Common Object Properties
- Working with Text
- Working with Buttons
- Working with Actions
- Working with Tables of Contents
- Working with Shapes and Lines
- Working with Web Windows
- Working with Form Objects
- Creating Custom Certificates
- Adding a Test
- Adding Questions
- Getting Started with Snagit
Publishing a Title
- Publishing Options
- Publishing to HTML
- Class Manual: Step-by-step instructions, tips and hints designed to reinforce live instruction and provide a resource for students who wish to review and reproduce class activities asynchronously.
- Exercise Storyboards: Guides to building the class projects with references to resource documentation.
- Digital Assets: Files such as audio, video and images that are prepared in advance by the instructor for use in class projects.
Students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Each student will need a copy of Lectora Fundamentals. (trial copy okay)
- Proficiency using a Web browser
- Basic Windows knowledge, including the ability to:
- Launch applications using the Start menu
- Use the taskbar to switch between Windows applications
- Use Windows Explorer, to navigate the file structure, change the view of file listings, move and copy files, and create new folders (or directories)
- Copy and paste text
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.