- March 23, 2020 - March 24, 2020
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Migrating to AWS focuses on planning and migrating existing workloads to the AWS Cloud. The course covers various cloud migration strategies with a detailed discussion on each phase of the migration process, including portfolio discovery, application migration planning and design, migration execution, and post-migration validation and application optimization. The first part of the course provides students with an overview of migration planning principles and best practices, and the second half of the class focuses on migration design and implementation with hands-on labs to reinforce concepts. This course is designed for solutions architects and engineers who perform cloud migrations and have an understanding of core AWS services and design patterns covered in Architecting on AWS, and is also available to IT project managers involved in the planning of those migrations who have completed AWS Technical Essentials
- Classroom training
- Hands-on labs
This course allows you to test new skills and apply knowledge to your working environment through a variety of practical exercises.
- Solutions Architects and engineers who perform cloud migrations and have completed AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- IT Project Managers who are involved in projects related to migrating existing workloads to the AWS Cloud and have completed AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- Individuals who are part of an organization€™s cloud Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Explain the various cloud migration strategies
- Assess cloud migration readiness
- Discover your portfolio and plan for migration
- Plan and design your application migration strategy
- Perform and validate application migration to the cloud
- Optimize your applications and operations after migrating to the cloud
- Courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- Certifications achieved (optional): AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Familiarity with enterprise IT infrastructure (hardware and software)
- Migrating to AWS – An Overview
- Discovery, Analysis, and Planning
- Migration Planning and Design
- Migration, Integration, and Validation
- Optimizing Applications and Operating in the AWS Cloud
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.