- October 1, 2019 - October 3, 2019
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
- September 10, 2019 - September 12, 2019
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
- December 3, 2019 - December 5, 2019
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
This course demonstrates how to efficiently use AWS security services to stay secure in the AWS Cloud. The course focuses on the security practices that AWS recommends for enhancing the security of your data and systems in the cloud. The course highlights the security features of AWS key services including compute, storage, networking, and database services. You will also learn how to leverage AWS services and tools for automation, continuous monitoring and logging, and responding to security incidents.
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
- Hands-On Labs
This course allows you to test new skills and apply knowledge to your working environment through a variety of practical exercises.
- Security engineers
- Security architects
- Information security
- Assimilate and leverage the AWS shared security responsibility model
- Architect and build AWS application infrastructures that are protected against the most common security threats
- Protect data at rest and in transit with encryption
- Apply security checks and analyses in an automated and reproducible manner
- Configure authentication for resources and applications in the AWS Cloud
- Gain insight into events by capturing, monitoring, processing, and analyzing logs
- Identify and mitigate incoming threats against applications and data
- Perform security assessments to ensure that common vulnerabilities are patched and security best practices are applied
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Security Fundamentals
- Architecting on AWS
- Working knowledge of IT security practices and infrastructure concepts
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- Entry points on AWS
- Security considerations for Web Application environments
- Securing network communications inside the Amazon VPC
- Application security with incident response
- Data security with incident response
- Security considerations for a hybrid environment
- AWS monitoring and log collecting
- Processing logs on AWS
- Protecting against threats outside of the Amazon VPC
- Account management on AWS
- Security considerations for a serverless environment
- Secrets management on AWS
- Automating security and incident response on AWS
- Threat detection and sensitive data monitoring
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.