- March 3, 2020 - March 5, 2020
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
This course is designed to teach those in a systems administrator or Development Operations (DevOps) role how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on the AWS platform. The course covers the specific AWS features and tools related to configuration and deployment, in addition to best practices for configuring and deploying systems.
- Classroom training
- Hands-on labs
- Virtual classroom training
This course allows you to test new skills and apply knowledge to your working environment through a variety of practical exercises.
- Systems administrators
- Software developers, especially those in DevOps roles
- Understand the AWS infrastructures as it related to system operations such as the global infrastructure, core services and account security
- Use the AWS Command Line Interface, and understand additional administration and development tools
- Manage, secure, and scale compute instances on AWS
- Identify container services and services available for serverless computing
- Build virtual private networks with Amazon VPC
- Configure and manage storage options utilizing the storage services offered with AWS
- Monitor the health of your infrastructure with services such as Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail and AWS Config
- Manage resource consumption in an AWS account using tags, Amazon CloudWatch, and AWS Trusted Advisor
- Create and configure automated and repeatable deployments with tools such as AMIs and AWS CloudFormation
- Successfully completed the AWS Technical Essentials course
- Background in either software development or systems administration
- Proficiency in maintaining operating systems at the command line, such as shell scripting in Linux environments or cmd/PowerShell in Windows
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP)
- Understanding Systems Operations on AWS
- Tooling and Automation
- Computing (Servers)
- Computing (Scaling and Name Resolution)
- Computing (Serverless and Containers)
- Computing (Database Services)
- Storing and Archiving
- Monitoring and Security
- Managing Resource Consumption
- Creating Automated and Repeatable Deployments
Venue: LIVE Online
Live Online Training
Get the same training you expect in the classroom without leaving your office or home. These are NOT recorded classes. They are LIVE sessions with an expert instructor. We use the latest in video conferencing technologies and audio so you can confidently participate in any class just like being right there in person. We guarantee the effectiveness of our online training delivery approach that we will give you your money back if you are not totally satisfied. Ask us for a demo.
Online class requirements:
- Moderate to fast Internet
- Phone, or Speakers or headset (required in order to hear the instructor/moderator). You can use Voice Over IP (VoIP) or you can dial-in from a regular phone. Whether you decide to use VoIP or a phone, for convenience, we recommend a hands free headset.
- Training software must be installed on your computer (30 trial versions are acceptable)
- RECOMMENDED: Dual Monitors or computers. For optimal online learning experience, we recommend participants have dual monitors or dual computers. Your online classroom credentials allow you to login multiple times from multiple computers. Participants should use one monitor or computer to view instructor/moderator shared screen and another monitor/computer to work in the software.
What happens when you enroll in an online class
When you register for an online class, you will receive a welcome email followed by login access to the Citrix GoToTraining virtual classroom. A workbook (printed copy or eBook) will be sent to you prior to the start of class.
Online Training Advantages
Convenience: You don’t have to travel and can attend from your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Our online classes are conducted using GoToTraining, a more robust version of the popular GoToMeeting screen sharing and conferencing platform. To accommodate multiple time zones, courses are typically scheduled from 10am – 5pm Eastern with a one-hour lunch break at 12:30 – 1:30 pm Eastern and a 10-minute break in the morning and afternoon. When conducting custom online course for your group, class times can be modified to accommodate your timezone.
Interactive Learning: Our online training is fully interactive. You can speak and chat with the instructor and classmates at any time. Various interactive techniques are used in every class. Our small class sizes (typically 4 – 8 students), allow our instructors to focus on individual performance and issues and to work closely with you to meet your unique needs. Classes are designed to be a hands-on learning experience, providing opportunities for you to try your new skills while the instructor is available for review, questions, and feedback. You have the option to give the instructor permission to view your computer to provide one-on-one assistance when needed.